|5/28/2014 2:20:00 PM|
Alice "Ally" Reinhardt, 81, of Windom died May 19, 2014, at Good Samaritan Society-Sogge Memorial in Windom.
A Celebration of Life Service was Friday at American Lutheran Church in Windom with Pastor Sarah Larsen Tade officiating.
Special music was provided by Dustin Stevens, pianist; and Mark Nass, vocalist.
Honorary bearers were Heather Kremmin, Preston Reinhardt, Heidi Baloun, Holly Louwagie, Billy Hochstein, Abby Grove, Bryce Grove and Jessy Grove.
A private family burial was at Memory Gardens Cemetery in rural Windom.
LaCanne Family Funeral Service of Windom handled the funeral arrangements.
Alice "Ally" Gregg was born March 29, 1933, to William and Ruella J. (Alleckson) Gregg in Minneota. As a small child, she moved with her family to Marshall where she grew up and graduated from Marshall High School.
In 1954, Alice married John J. Reinhardt. They were blessed with three children: Paul, Connie and Sandy. They lived in Marshall until 1965 when they moved with their children to Windom. Alice was an Avon Lady for many years and was later employed for 18 years as a sales associate for BC/DC dress shop in Windom.
For the past year, Ally had been a resident of Good Samaritan Society-Sogge Memorial in Windom.
Alice's greatest love was her family, especially her grandchildren. She enjoyed taking part in their activities and cheering them on. She also loved the color red, both wearing it and decorating with it.
A longtime member of American Lutheran Church in Windom, Ally taught Sunday School, helped with various church projects and washed and pressed linens for 10 years.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John Reinhardt in 2003; and four brothers: Bud, Arlo, Wally and Roger.
Survivors include her three children: Paul (Pat) Reinhardt, Connie (Randy) Hochstein and Sandy (Bryon) Grove, all of Windom; 11 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; two sisters, Doris Gruhot of El Cajon, Calif.; and Marlys Carrow of Pipestone; and two brothers, Clint Gregg (Sherlee) and Ronnie Gregg (Joyce), all of Marshall.