|10/16/2013 11:34:00 AM|
Evelyn Peters, 93, of Springfield, formerly of Comfrey, died Oct. 10, 2013, at St. John Lutheran Home in Springfield.
A memorial service will be held today (Wednesday) at 11 a.m., at New Hope Lutheran Church in Comfrey with Pastor Brian Nehring officiating.
Burial will be at Mt. Lake City Cemetery in Mt. Lake.
Visitation will be held today at the church beginning at 9:30 a.m., until time of the service.
Evelyn Phyllis Inman was born May 2, 1920, to Chester and Celia (Halter) Inman in Jeffers. She was baptized and confirmed into the Christian faith.
She married Norman Schulte and the couple was blessed with three children: sons Gary and Roger, and a daughter Sandra. Evelyn and Norman operated Schulte's Place in Comfrey. After Norman's death, Evelyn continued the business.
Evelyn married Cecil Peters and together they continued the business as Peters Bar & Grill. After Cecil's death, Evelyn continued to run the business until retiring in 1985.
She continued living in Comfrey until moving to St. John Lutheran Home in Springfield in 2008.
In earlier days, Evelyn enjoyed baking, solving newspaper crossword puzzles, shopping with friend Evelyn, and playing an occasional bit of bingo at Jackpot Junction.
Later in life, she enjoyed outings and activities at St. John Lutheran Home, especially anything involving the daycare "grandkids." She especially enjoyed spending time with family.
She will be remembered for always offering a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on.
In addition to her two husbands, Norman and Cecil, Evelyn was preceded in death by her mother and step-father, Celia and August Langerman; father, Chester Inman; son, Roger Schulte; and brothers, Edgar "Bud" and Myron Inman.
Survivors include her son, Gary of Palm Springs, Calif.; daughter, Sandra (Robert) Loft of Mankato; a grandson; two great-grandchildren; sisters, Gladys (Eldon) Kjos of Alexandria and Lois Schulte of Fairmont; and brothers-in-law: Eugene Walters of Mapleton; Leroy Walters of Comfrey and Bill (Penny) Walters of Wildwood, Okla.