E-Edition | The Peach List | Shopper | Observer/Advocate

News and Sports from Windom, MN and surrounding areas | Windom, MN

weather sponsored by

Advanced Search
search sponsored by

Reader Poll
What is your level of faith in the American judicial system?

Please select one:

View Results
Reader Poll
How concerned are you about North Korea developing a rocket that has the potential to reach the United States?

Please select one:
Very concerned
Somewhat concerned
Not concerned

View Results

The Dish
Help Wanted
Area Churches
Area Sports Schedule
Windom Schools
Social Scene
Citizen Photos
Community Calendar
Cottonwood County Sheriff

home : news : this week's news July 20, 2017

4/14/2014 5:01:00 PM
City council to consider runway expansion study

Is a runway expansion project in the Windom airport's future?

The Windom city council is expected to discuss that possibility at Tuesday's regular meeting. The council has learned that state funds are available to assist with a runway length justification study. The study's cost is expected to run about $37,500 with the City of Windom paying a 30 percent match.

City Administrator Steve Nasby said the study is needed in order to qualify for the Federal Aviation Administration's grant process. Once the study is completed, the FAA will consider whether or not to help fund the project.

A runway expansion at Windom is estimated to cost $1.3-million, with the City of Windom paying 10 percent of the cost and the FAA covering the remaining 90 percent.

For more on this story, see the April 16 Cottonwood County Citizen and Citizen eEditon.


ObituariesClassifiedsOpinionColumnsThe DishLegalsContact UsHelp WantedAuctionsCitizen PhotosWedding Planner
Birth, Engagement & Wedding Announcement Forms | Area Classified Ads | Current News | Life


Copyright © 2017 Citizen Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. 
P.O. Box 309, Windom, MN 56101 507-831-3455


Software © 1998-2017 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved