9/17/2013 7:55:00 AM Marker to be dedicated at Carson Cemetery
A dedication service will be held Sunday at 4 p.m., at Carson Mennonite Brethren Cemetery where a new historical marker was recently added at the entrance to the cemetery.
The new marker features engravings of the original church built in 1885, which served parishoners until 1949 as well as the church that was built in Delft in 1949 and served its congregation until the church closed in November 2005. The church is now the Carson Meeting House.
Two former pastors, Herb Schroeder and John Klassen, will be on hand for and participate in the dedication. Schroeder will share a meditation while Klassen will bring the morning message at the Community Bible Church worship service Sunday at 10:10 a.m., in Mt. Lake.
The public is invited to both the cemetery marker dedication and the Sunday morning worship service at Community Bible Church. From the south side of Delft, the cemetery is located 2¾ miles east, the site of the original Carson Mennonite Brethren Church.
Following the dedication, a Faspa will be served at the Carson Meeting House in Delft.